Saturday, September 10, 2011

Whitney's BYU Adventure

Finally...here are some photos of our trip to Provo to take Whitney to BYU. Go Cougars! So proud of Whitney being accepted by BYU & her willingness & sacrifice to learn, study & grow. I just realized I seem to have been behind the camera the whole trip, oh well.

You can't see this plant that Whitney is holding but it's a tomato & basil plant that were given to her by our Stake RS President. She took them to college & put them in her sunny window. She says the Tomato is still alive & looking like she just might get her one & only tomato someday soon. With tomatoes & basil we made margarita pizza's for a YW/RS activity before she left town. You'll all need to try them they were delish!!!


she's so cute even when she's unpacking which is not a pretty thing to do.


Here's good 'ol dad hanging the plaque I made for Whitney (and Jaelyn) as grad gifts. It's shown below & it's a quote from Pres. Monson that I thought was very appropriate for a college room.





Jaelyn got to go with us to check Whitney into her apt. Austin is helping unpack the kitchen items. I think Austin is giving his "thumbs up" in every photo. He's a funny guy.


Here are the kids packed in tight to MaKey & Poppa's van. Thank you for letting us use your van for our trip. All of Whitney's belongings would never have fit in our small compact car. It was a very fun, quick trip. Whitney finished her last final on Thursday morning at WVC & she went to visit G-pa Herrick to say goodbye & then we were off to BYU. Oh my goodness we arrived at Ryan's really early the next morning, like 2 am I believe. Thank you Ryan & Courtney for letting us stay with you, thank you for taking care of our daughter. Ryan & Courtney have been just an amazing Aunt & Uncle. They are always there for her to take her grocery shopping, provide a sunday meal, transporting her for misc reasons, giving her a bike to ride to work, finding her work & Courtney even took her for a pedicure. You two are amazing! We can't thank you enough!!!


1 comment:

MaKey and Poppa said...

What??? Pictures!!!!! Thank You Thank You!!!!!!! I Love My Family!!! I Miss You All So Much!!! I just want to pack up & have a short little visit with all of You & a few Hugs & Kisses & then I'll get back to my Missionary Service! Don't think I am not enjoying my Mission because Dad & I really are! Almost every day I say I don't want to go back to my other life! I just want to be a full-time serving Missionary Forever with a few brief moments to Hug you all & to tell you how proud Dad & I are of all of You!!!

Dad & I have said if we knew it was going to be this much fun full of joyful heavenly experiences we would have served a mission a long time ago~it's just like the joy of having grandkids would have done that first!!! Do I make sense? It's hard to put into words :-) We Love Our Mission & Love Our Family Too! Thanks for posting pictures keep 'em coming!