Thursday, May 20, 2010

Apple Blossom Run

Here are some funny pics of our 10K for Apple Blossom. I'm using Austin's phone camera to take pics. I don't know how to use his phone as you can tell but I think they are cute & funny anyway. So this first one is just as we are getting started. We've just left triangle park. I'm liking it because my face looks slender don't you think? Pic is distorted a little. Oh & the wind is blowing so hard that the race number is practically hitting me in the chin.

Here's Alysa with my jogging friends. What a good sister she just fit right in like she's been doing it all along with us.

My friends & I. The gal in blue is Kathy Irving. She's new to our ward. She decided at the last minute to join us. She walks so fast that we can't keep up even when we are jogging. I don't know how people walk so fast.

So this next pic was a mistake but I really like it. I accidentally shot the ground but if you look close you'll see Alysa's shadow. Isn't it cool?

this last pic is after we are finished with the 10K. I think we look dang good for having just completed the 10K. Alysa, you are so photogenic! You don't even look like you broke a sweat. Why am I twice your size & then some? Oh well my goal is to keep losing weight & be able to jog for over an hour just like you. I am so proud of you! Keep it up & we'll get there together, right?

3 comments:

Staci Rocha said...

cool pics! It's good motivation to see my sisters running too.


I ran 4.67 miles this morning and it felt GREAT! I ran up by the lake and it was a gorgeous morning.

Alysa said...

Fun pictures. I like the shadow one too, pretty cool, I'm going to have to steal it. It was a fun day, a lot funner than I thought it would be. Now on to the next race. Keep it up. I'm excited to do it with you.

Ryan and Courtney said...

I'm looking at your running pics and eating ice cream at the same time. Nice huh? Keep it up and you'll soon be running the whole 13.1 miles.